When running the most important thing is what's on your feet. You want to be well prepared for pounding the pavement or treadmill. If you're a dude, that's pretty much it... But since we are ladies we also want to make sure we got our other ladies strapped in. Just as a heads up, the bras selected are ones I own or have heard great things about. I'm also a B cup so please keep that in mind because what works well on me might not be so good for you.
And now for my 5 fitness tips on keeping you hydrated.
1. Hydration is key. Carry a bottle of water with you everywhere. It's much better to have it on hand and to take sips throughout the day. Plus, it works wonders on your skin!
2. 15 minutes before I head out for a run I drink a small glass (8oz or less) of water. And then I don't take another sip until I've ran a mile or 10 minutes into the run, and I continue this at every 10 minute mark.
3. Sips are better than gulps when in movement. If you take a gulp you run the risk of getting an upset stomach or feeling full and uncomfortable.
4. After running, I make sure to refuel the right way. An apple, green juice, or a whole wheat bagel are amazing for an after workout snack. As for liquids, I drink a can of coconut water to rehydrate after all that sweating and for the potassium to help my joints feel forever young.
5. And as a guide... if you're running for an hour or less try to drink about 3 to 6 ounces every 15-20 minutes. If you're doing a longer/tougher run (trail running for example) consider drinking gatorade or something similar instead of H2O.
And remember running or whatever exercise you decide to partake in is your time to do something for yourself and de-stress. Look forward and indulge yourself when it comes to you.
As always, let me know in the comments if there's a topic or question you would like me to cover in the next series.