Growing up in NYC I was surrounded by art. The thing is, the museum wasn't the only place you could find inspiration. If you took to the streets you'd be able to see art on the sides of abandoned buildings, trains parked in the long island city rail yard, billboards, and even on the sidewalks.
During the summers, and still to this day, I take joy in my private walking tours looking for new murals. And yes, some of them make it onto my Instagram and even become the backdrop to my outfit posts.
I do have my go-to spots so why not share them with y'all! Do it for the 'gram and don't forget to tag the artist. (Keep in mind, some these locations may showcase a different artist than the one shown below).
1. Kenmare & Mulberry Street - consistently changing and always worth the trip!
2. The Rainbow Gate in LES - 87 Rivington Street (go before they open or after they're closed)
3. First Street Green Art Park - 33 E 1st Street (this public park is filled with murals!)
4. Harry's Corner Shop - 64 Macdougal Street
5. Emojis Mural - 15 Prince Street (across the way from Cafe Habana)
6. Tic Tal - 90 Orchard Street
7. Bowery Mural - 76 E Houston Street
8. Flowers Mural - 250 Mulberry Street
9. Chinatown Photographs - 150 Lafayette Street
10. Long Island City - 43-01 21st Street, Queens
11. The Rainbow Wall in Dumbo - York Street between Adams and Washington
12. The Bushwick Collective - St Nicholas Avenue in Brooklyn
Feel free to add to this list by leaving a comment down below or by sharing your favorite murals via your Instagram link too!