Now that Spring weather is making it's way here we can start leaving our running jackets behind and instead head out with a long sleeve shirt for a good run. What's great about these long sleeve shirts are the different price points they sell for. And in case you're wondering, I have shirts from Active by Old Navy + The North Face - both get the job done. In my honest opinion brand names mean nothing when it comes to long sleeve tops. Now, use this as a chance to spoil yourself for staying active, and indulge in bright fitness attire for the new season!
And now for my 5 fitness tips on keeping you going this week.
1. Sometimes you just don't know what to wear before you head out for the run. Let's be honest this weather gets wonky and our bodies tend to heat up a lot when active. So when getting dressed use the 20 degree plus rule. Once you're active it will feel like 20 degrees warmer so plan for it.
2. Layers and pockets are your best friend. When you start to heat up you can start peeling off the layers and tying them around your waist or storing items in your pockets.
3. When in doubt, check out this handy tool from Runner's World. Just enter stats into the form and it'll tell you what you should be wearing. Try it here.
4. You never want to wear anything that's too tight, otherwise it can cause chafing. Ouch!
5. To keep your clothes for the long haul, try handwashing them. Or, if you're like me (and ain't got time for that) use the delicate cycle on the washer. Also don't use softener (it'll ruin your stuff) instead opt for Downy's Unstoppable.
As always, let me know in the comments if there's a topic or question you would like me to cover in the next series.